Powerwall consists of a 14 kWh lithium-ion battery pack, liquid thermal control system, an integrated inverter and software that intelligently dispatches electricity when it’s needed most.
The unit mounts seamlessly on a wall or on the ground, indoors or outdoors, and is connected to the grid to export excess energy, maximizing your opportunity for economic benefit.
Powerwall can provide a number of benefits:
Increasing self-consumption of solar power generation – Powerwall can store surplus solar energy during daylight hours and use that energy later when the Sun is not shining.
Load shifting – Powerwall can charge during low rate periods when demand for electricity is lower and discharge during more expensive rate periods when electricity demand is higher.
Back-up power – Assures power in the event of a grid outage.
The Tesla Powerwall has the best price for performance and feature-set of any battery product that we have seen, so far. It is the only battery product with a liquid thermal management system and an Over The Air (OTA) firmware system that adds functionality, to make it better over time. It is also the only battery with a 10 year warranty with unlimited cycles.
Powerwall 2 specs:
- Mounting: Wall or Floor Mounted, Indoor/Outdoor
- Inverter: Fully integrated Tesla inverter
- Usable Capacity: 13.5 kWh
- Power: 5 kW continuous, 7 kW peak
- Round Trip Efficiency: 90%
- Operating Temperature Range: –20°C to 50°C (–4°F to 122°F) Warranty: 10 years
- Dimensions: 1150 mm x 755 mm x 155 mm (45.3 in x 29.7 in x 6.1 in)